BIG build up

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
metallic

BIG build up

Postby metallic » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:42 am

I'm about to get a new car. I want a nissan armada or yukon. I plan to install 2 XXX 15's, Pioneer rev components, fiberglass 2 sets of Crsytal components in the headliner, fill front and mid stage with tweeters, Kenwood DDX7015 screen, and eventually a couple of monitors somewhere. The comps will be powered by a JL 300/4, and the Crystals and tweeters by an Infinity 7541A amp. Any help along the way is appreciated. Thanks
cars got more bass than a crack house
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Wait. 2 sets of comps in the headliner....Pioneer comps somewhere and filling a "stage" with tweeters.

Why not sink the money you would spend on extra sets of comps into a nicer single set?

Sound deadener?
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:02 pm

X-OvrDistortion wrote:Wait. 2 sets of comps in the headliner....Pioneer comps somewhere and filling a "stage" with tweeters.

Why not sink the money you would spend on extra sets of comps into a nicer single set?

Sound deadener?

x2

Better is better than more.

If you want something that makes a lick of sence: more isnt always better.
Steve-o

Postby Steve-o » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:40 pm

Mos definetly agreed...your sound stage would probably sound much better sinking the extra cash into a nicer set of comps. Not to mention, you will more than likely have some cancellation problems, and two sets would be harder to get everything soundind as nice fo sho.
s3sqguy

Dual stage...

Postby s3sqguy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:01 pm

I've done it, but I try to mount so it is somewhat directional; like so you only hear the front comps in front and the rears in the rear if you have mostly door mounts (or you can fade as you like). In my current setup I have to lean my head between/behind the front seats to even know the rears are working, they are mounted low in door panel and has an armrest over driver, run parallel off of fronts. In this car I actually have people in the back seat at times also.

Other times I have mounted all the way around, like in a truck. It would sound like headphones at times...I liked it but others may not. I like the music inside my head if not from the front/sides. Like the front row at a concert when the music comes from the sides....I like lots of stereo effect, center channels I don't care for unless its a movie and sound is from middle of screen. Even then loud sounds should reflect off of buildings and stuff from sides....exaggeratedly IMO. It happens in real life you are just used to it and don't notice. I want to be there, not watch a 1960s TV.

It depends on the install and what you like, just IMO.
>Boston comps, Alpine HU & EQ, kicker 5ch, 4 12s IB<
>Swapping amps next as well as more deadening.<
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:17 pm

You want it sounding like headphones? Sounds like you crank it up WAY too much and shouldn't expect to keep your hearing much longer....
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
Member02

Postby Member02 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:25 pm

why?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Project Logs”