Need to contact Dan Wiggins?

Off topic, uncensored, and mostly unmoderated.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Derek wrote:and i just love how he always talked down on milne and his poor business practices....takes one to know one.....

It's funny. I came here for Adire to ask about the Tumult. I wanted one sooooo badly.

I met lots of people I really like. I don't think I dislike a single member on this forum that hasn't gotten banned. So I decided to stay. This place is so much better than sound domain.
Member02

Postby Member02 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:28 pm

and worst of all, he never made the 18" brahma I consistently asked for...

he did give wonderful advice for a while too, I can't even count the number of times I talked to him on the phone for 30 minutes at a time...

and then, "splash" like bird shit hitting your window, he fucked everyone.
DevilDriver

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:04 pm

CBFryman wrote:But you never would have heard Dan say that.

"my XBL this"

"my XBL that"

"My XBL"

Actually, he gave credit to David on many occasions and David has posted here a few times as well.

As for the relation to Orion and JBL, these companies use a gap technology called Differential Drive that they pay licensing fees for to HyperDynamics, who originally designed the idea. Whereas Differential Drive is in fact a dual-gap idea, XBL^2 is more of a split-gap design. Judging by ADI's website, that's what it's officially trademarked as now. Perhaps they have dropped the lame XBL^2 moniker and decided to address it as it really is: SplitGap™
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:33 pm

Member02 wrote:and worst of all, he never made the 18" brahma I consistently asked for...

he did give wonderful advice for a while too, I can't even count the number of times I talked to him on the phone for 30 minutes at a time...

and then, "splash" like bird shit hitting your window, he fucked everyone.

Sounds like somebody had a man crush.:cwm11:
Member02

Postby Member02 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:45 pm

haha
95Honda

Postby 95Honda » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:29 pm

Big Mack wrote:But on the flip side, Mike, don't you think people should do some research about him before getting into business with him? Information about Adire is readily available both here and other places, so anyone who fails to do any checking on past business interactions with Dan bears the brunt of the responsibility. I know that I would never do business with someone unless I checked them out, especially if I'm sending in a wire transfer for funds. I'd have ironclad contracts that get me 1st in line as a creditor, and don't allow for dissolution of a corporation simply to run away with my money as well. Plus, he'd have to run and hide like a motherfucker if he owed me anywhere near the amounts I'm hearing from some people. :D Violence may not be the answer, but I'd get the answer I wanted through violence. (JK...maybe)

Big Mack

I do see the flip side. Hell, I had heard a few things about Adire before I tried to get that last order filled while I was in the Middle East, some even warned me about it... I pressed ahead because I thought there was no way someone I had known so long would screw me.

I think part of this is helping to warn people, hopefully speeding up thier research... Honestly, there are so many people out there who will never even crack open a forum like CSO, they will just go to a dealer and start buiying these awesome subs some guy designed in Lynwood Washington.... And then wonder how there is no more support a few months later...

I gues it's not so much to me of the fact that Adire went belly up, I think it was more that I, and many others, were lied to continously... Over and over again with false promises... Hell, I almost got stuck in the Middle East for a few extra months because I was stupid enough to keep believing the BS....

I just hope this crap doesn't keep happening, which I fear it will if Dan gets a clean slate..... Things need to be said to keep people aware of this sort of thing...

And yes, people should research... Have solid contracts.... Unfortunately, especially when someone has an LLC or such, they can walk away with thier hands clean and let the "Buisness" absorb the debt.... While the asshole is driving around in a $50K car and taking his wife out to dinner all the time....

And violence.... Yep, sometimes the only answer.... Only problem is, with smart pussies, you have to run the risk of ending up in jail..... That to me, is the only downside...
http://www.forceaudio.com

Marshall asked me how much it would be to fly to Idaho....
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:58 pm

Derek wrote:and i just love how he always talked down on milne and his poor business practices....takes one to know one.....

QFFT

Ben wasnt the only business he talked down on either.
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:09 pm

I see counterpoints, but if I was talking to Dan over on another forum, and had no prior idea of any of what went on, I would appreciate Mike stepping in and saying something.

Maybe ADI can get on ISUX as their official forum?

Return to “Off Topic : The Hell Hole”