OT: trouble installing/downloading MSN IM HELP!

General discussion about computers and their related items, and open requests/chat about our own gaming server.
kevox

OT: trouble installing/downloading MSN IM HELP!

Postby kevox » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:28 am

http://messenger.msn.com/Download/default.aspx
I just reformatted the hard drive and therefore lost MSN IM....my problem is that when I go to msnim.com and "download" IM it doesn't do a thing!

I went to the above link...and since I already have an email address I clicked on "go" on the right....then it brings me to this screen....
http://messenger.msn.com/download/downloadx.aspx

Notice the "Note: If download does not start, click here to download manually, then click Run" ....well it doesn't download a thing, so I click that link....and it merely brings me back to the previous link!!! And there is no "Run" button. Can somebody plz help me install MSN IM....Windows Messenger sux!!:cwm15:
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
playa07

Postby playa07 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:59 pm

The first link worked for me. Did you click yes on the pop-up box that says "Always trust Microsoft...." ? If you don't click yes, it won't work.
playa07

Postby playa07 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:00 pm

And that second link made my computer hang. Might be something wrong with that second page.
gurusan

Postby gurusan » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:15 pm

MSN is the ****tiest program EVER.

get trillian.
93 Coupe..dohc vtec...Tryin to go fast and have a nice system....not workin out too well...
PhoenixRisen

Postby PhoenixRisen » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:05 am

are you using internet explorer to dl it? For whatever reason when i was using firefox it wouldnt dl but when i switched over to IE it dled without a problem.

Return to “Computer / Gaming forum.”