Suspension transplant?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
nismo

Suspension transplant?

Postby nismo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:59 am

I have been neglecting my stereo duties and trying to keep my car running for a while now.

I have some new 'properly sized' injectors ordered for my car, that should be here soon. My starter will be ordered soon as its working on taking a crap on me, and I'm still trying to track down some new seats as mine are falling apart.

Anyhow, I've got a 91 Audi Coupe Quattro (awd), and sometime in the distant future, I'm going to be building a complete tube frame for this car, which hopefully means fabbing everything forward of the firewall to give me more strength and more room for stuffing a big motor into my car.

I've decided that I would like to use a racing suspension that will fit the 2000ish Audi A4/S4. At some point, I would like to get one of those cars, take the suspension parts off, and take a negative of the mounts so that I can move the negative to my car and fab mounts that will line up on my car and let me put the suspension from the newer cars onto my car.

What kind of reference points should I use? I'm wanting to keep the same wheelbase, so I'm assuming I can probably use the centerline of the wheels as a reference point, and swap only one end of the car at a time so that I still have something solid and from the original car to work from. I realize this will be a complete *****, probably much more than I can imagine, but I've got it in my head to learn how to do this stuff, and I intend on doing it.

Any comments?

TIA,
Eric
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Good luck with all that nizzy.
clbd39

Postby clbd39 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 pm

have yo u tried any of the audi forums? i'm sure they would help a little more... best of luck!
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:58 pm

I think you're goofy and you know it :p

But alas, it is your hobby, your love... Your next project should be attaching four wheels and a seat to a big block engine. :)

Adam
Found something better.
SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
nismo

Postby nismo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:55 am

clb, yes I'm a member of several Audi forums. I haven't shared my ideas yet with them as its a LONG way from even starting...I just feel more comfortable sharing my ideas with the guys here.

Adam, you ought to know by now that I'm not a BB kinda guy. Give me a decent little motor and a big turbo and I'll be happy.

Eric

Return to “Automotive Performance”