Lowering a 95 Accord Sedan

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
rawkus2g

Lowering a 95 Accord Sedan

Postby rawkus2g » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:29 pm

I have an accord sedan, and i want to lower it, i dont want to just do some sorta crappy half assed job of cutting springs or anything like that, but i am not made of money either. my plans so far include Neuspeed Springs, KYB AGX adjustable struts, and a camber kit. How does that sound for dropping the car, do i need more items? also, what can i expect will happen to the ride quality of my car, firm is ok, but i dont want to rattle out my fillings in my teeth, any other ideas? thanks
Chris Rock "You know what it means when they pay you minimum wage? You know what their trying to tell you? It's like hey! If I could pay you less, I would"
"...we have to many repeat offenders. The jails are so nice they come back twice. You gotta make jails tough. You gotta make this an experience they'll never forget. Cause they don't have this problem in other countries... They don't have this problem in Iran. Cause it's hard to snatch another purse if you don't have another ******* hand."
nismo

Postby nismo » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:16 pm

TORCH THE SPRINGS!!!!!!!! :D

nah, looks good the way you got it.

eric
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:23 pm

look into the spring rates that the neuspeed are, even getting a % number over stock will be useful. I have long been a fan of eibach for lowering springs for the street, the necessity of a camber kit depends on the drop of the car, you can check at http://www.tirerack.com to see if you will need one, their listing is pretty much 100% accurate.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
winslow

Postby winslow » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:56 pm

I lowered my 93 Accord with Sprint springs...just dropped it 1.5" all the way around, and didn't loose any ride quality at all- the 35 series tires on my 18"s is what makes the ride a tad more firm. Sprints are good as are Dropzone (made bt Sprint), and they don't cost a fortune like Eibach...

I bought mine at http://www.impactparts.com They have low prices but tack on a $10 processing charge. Which, in the end was still cheaper than I could have gotten them from our distributor.

I needed a camber kit...some cars may not need one. But the springs, put them on and let them settle, and then see if you need one.
rawkus2g

Postby rawkus2g » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:54 pm

Originally posted by Sound_Miata
look into the spring rates that the neuspeed are, even getting a % number over stock will be useful. I have long been a fan of eibach for lowering springs for the street, the necessity of a camber kit depends on the drop of the car, you can check at http://www.tirerack.com to see if you will need one, their listing is pretty much 100% accurate.

-Greer

thanks a lot, i will check that out, i heard stock accords cant have there camber factory adjusted so one would be needed, i just like having it already installed if i plan to do some ungodly huge job
Chris Rock "You know what it means when they pay you minimum wage? You know what their trying to tell you? It's like hey! If I could pay you less, I would"

"...we have to many repeat offenders. The jails are so nice they come back twice. You gotta make jails tough. You gotta make this an experience they'll never forget. Cause they don't have this problem in other countries... They don't have this problem in Iran. Cause it's hard to snatch another purse if you don't have another ******* hand."
rawkus2g

Postby rawkus2g » Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:37 am

Originally posted by Sound_Miata

-Greer

ahh, i been lookin around about bout neuspeed's site and eibach's site and i cant find any info on spring rates, where else might they be? also stock spring rates would be nice, finally, i been hearing about Skunk Works Springs and Coil Overs, whats your opinion on them?

Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:10 pm

Skunk works are nice but can be pricey, for the eibach info its generally in the spring kits, so calling like tirerack and asking them is the best bet (or emailing the companies). I don't have much experience with Skunk but the reviews I have read have been decent.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*

slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.

Return to “Automotive Performance”