HT in progress..

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
TL

HT in progress..

Postby TL » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Slow going (no budget), but here it is so far:

120" temporary screen, dual unfinished Ubers

Ghetto couches

Sony G70

Gear stack (will be getting a proper rack)

Party time..

The nitty gritty - 120" 1080i, kW on each Uber, L&R are kit 261s, center is a kit 61..

Now if I could only get some walls put up I'd be good.. :cwm22:
[unused]http://tl.soundillusions.net/subssig3.jpg[/unused]
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Get the pr's for those drivers - well that and shut one off.

My living room is about 800 ft^2 and I have a piddly 340w and yeah.... It's retarded.

Check the mini-onkens for surrounds, the plans with the x6 ports are the sex - I've got my (ex) father-in-law on a set.
Yo.
TL

Postby TL » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 pm

jlaine wrote:Get the pr's for those drivers - well that and shut one off.

My living room is about 800 ft^2 and I have a piddly 340w and yeah.... It's retarded.

Check the mini-onkens for surrounds, the plans with the x6 ports are the sex - I've got my (ex) father-in-law on a set.

That sub cabinet of yours must've been fun to move.. :cwm16:

mini-onkens, eh? I'll have to check them out.. the plan so far is to do 2 pairs of in-walls adjacent to each couch..
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:53 am

Damn! More than impressive HT room. I think the Uberwoofer was before my time in audio. They are a TC Driver, Correct? What are they comparable to? 3hp, 4hp? As for the PR comment, I see that John over at AE sppeakers has his PRs in stock. 2 different 15" versions and 2 18" versions...I think?

Oh and next time you decide tohave a part, be sure to let me know! I'll come help you drink some of that liquor. Lol. But i didn't see any Jager in the stash? What's up with that?!?
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, The New Forum
TL

Postby TL » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:30 am

todd.brust wrote:Damn! More than impressive HT room. I think the Uberwoofer was before my time in audio. They are a TC Driver, Correct? What are they comparable to? 3hp, 4hp? As for the PR comment, I see that John over at AE sppeakers has his PRs in stock. 2 different 15" versions and 2 18" versions...I think?

Oh and next time you decide tohave a part, be sure to let me know! I'll come help you drink some of that liquor. Lol. But i didn't see any Jager in the stash? What's up with that?!?

The Jag's in the freezer, silly! Along with Tuaca, Tequila Rose, & my Vodka du jour..

Yes, TC built.. I believe it's most similar to the Eclipse Ti + bigger coil + more moving mass added, but Joshie would know better..

I may have to look into those PRs.. Output's definately not an issue even sealed up (I can rattle my attic hatch from the basement :D), and I have the DCX for EQ.. PR's would really put it over the top though.. :cwm22: Main problem right now is hot spots.. Gonna have to treat the walls..
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:28 am

Well as long as the Jag is there! I'd probably take some of that Patron too, but that stuff really gets me out of control....and blackout.

Those Ubers look pretty beastly. I bet they can hammer some lows! Here is that link for those PRs. A buddy of mine has some AE PRs made damn near two years ago by John and he may be getting rid of them. I was thinking of pairing up two of those with a shiva-X. Modeled out very nicely. For you application you might need some 18"
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:29 am

Oh Yeah, the link. I'm retarded
http://www.aespeakers.com/shop/catalog/

KU40

Postby KU40 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:29 am

That's pretty awesome. I've never had experience with a projector, how do you like it? It seems to me that they wouldn't be as sharp as the LCD I'm used to, but larger screen size may make up for that. Are they mainly only good for movies or are tv shows and sports watchable as well?
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump
Alpine CDA-9827
Crossfire CFQ5.2
JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300
Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded
SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)
TL

Postby TL » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:41 pm

KU40 wrote:That's pretty awesome. I've never had experience with a projector, how do you like it? It seems to me that they wouldn't be as sharp as the LCD I'm used to, but larger screen size may make up for that. Are they mainly only good for movies or are tv shows and sports watchable as well?
The projector is fantastic.. CRT projectors in general have been called more "film-like", they don't have the artificial sharpness that a pixel structure creates.. With perfect setup, you can fully resolve 1080p with an 8" CRT machine like mine, but 1080i is a better fit.. The big daddys are the 9" machines, they will do 1080p and beyond.. One of the coolest things is that there is no "native" resolution - no fixed pixel count - no shadow mask, the G70 will sync to any video signal you give it up to 1700X1200p. 30,000:1 contrast is the big win going to CRT though.. Throws an incredible picture.. I could go on and on, but here's a great place to learn if you are interested: http://www.curtpalme.com

err, so yeah, TV & Sports look great too :D
positron

Postby positron » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Looks awesome. :cool:

How do projectors fare as computer monitors for HTPC duties? What's the approximate lifetime on the projector bulb?

Return to “Home Audio/Video”