Sound Processing Software/Sound Card

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.

Sound Processing Software/Sound Card

Postby punxworm » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:04 am

I thought it would be interesting to look into a little DSP project. Does anyone know of a software/sound card duo (I would assume software that came with said sound card would be the thing to do the job) that is able to provide EQ and crossover options for 6 channels of audio?

Sound card would require at least 2 inputs and 6 'unadulterated' outputs

By unadulterated, I mean completely flexible non-designated outputs. I doubt this exists, but a sound card that does not automatically process particular outputs as rear or front, and allows for independent crossover settings of each channel.

The more i write about what I want, the less I think it exists....

Postby eezip » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:17 am

I believe any E-mu card with your requisite number of outputs will do it. Since you want at least 6 outputs, that means a 1212 or better. E-mu provides an SDK which will allow software developers to create custom plug-ins, such as filters, which you can configure however you'd like within the hardware constraints of the DSP. You have to be a software developer to get the SDK, but it at least exists. I don't know of any other solution. Let me know if you find another one though, please.
HT: Sony KV-27FS13 | Oppo DV-981HD | Denon AVR-2807 | 7x Cambridge MC100 | Acoustic Research ARPR1010 || Stereo: Dynaudio Audience 42 | Hales Concept 3 prototypes | wouldn't you like to know... :)

Home PC: Yamaha RP-U100 | B&W LM-1 | Mpyre 65x || Work PC: Yamaha RP-U100 | QSC AD-S32T | Sony MDR-V600

Return to “Home Audio/Video”